Images have great power to bring businesses and professionals closer to their social media fans, followers, clients and prospects. Images, especially photos, have always had an arresting quality: now they’re easier than ever to create and highly sharable. Photos, infographics and video serve as excellent shorthand to say a lot quickly and as perfect shortcuts to bringing people closer, faster.
Instagram (for real time sharing) and Pinterest (for collection/curation) are natural places to tell your story. These "channels" can help to humanize your brand and build strong client relationships. Here's some inspiration for your next Pinboard or your upcoming Instagram shares:
- Share yourself, including casual, real life and/or behind the scenes. If everything’s too “well-produced” people will be looking at your portfolio, which they’ll also see on your website. Instead, show different content and a different aspect of your company in each spot.
- Pin or share shots of your latest interior design or construction project in progress, with swatches, power tools, silliness and action shots. Before and after pics can be powerful.
- Pin or share a travelogue or travel shots—at a job site, on the way, or even on vacation.
- Share your creative inspiration(s) or share shots of your specialized tools or inventions that make the job easier.
- Show yourself or staff “in the moment” doing their jobs or clowning.
- Share images that reveal the type of things you’d talk about if you ran into a client in the grocery store line or queueing for the snack bar at a sports game.
- Touring a new work or project location? Share highlights.
- Run a caption contest or a guess-where-we-are-today quiz.
- Use images from the past, like high school pics of your crew or an iconic style that inspired/inspires you.
- Share some pics of your team at a formal event, especially if they’re not commonly seen in dress attire.
- Share images from a charity event or run/walk.
- You can also share video (15 seconds on Instagram), but don’t go scripted. Keep a spontaneous, unpolished feel, venturing outside your orchestrated brand image to build strong client relationships.
For more information, contact Colosi Marketing.
Photo via FreeDigitalPhotos.net