One of the more notable evolutions in electronic communication for businesses and consumers is the increasing reliance on smartphones, tablet computers and other mobile devices. As you plan your email-based marketing and promotion strategies, you must take into consideration how messages are going to be received and read on mobile devices. Here are some ways to maintain mobile-friendly email marketing that will get your customers' attention and ensure your messages are read.
- Boost your name recognition and trust: Even on mobile devices, customers are unlikely to open email coming from someone they don't know. Make sure your "from" line contains a name that recipients will recognize and feel comfortable with. If your email marketing messages don't get opened, no formatting or content development technique will matter.
- Present a compelling subject line: A subject line is as important as a headline on a news article or title on a story. It grabs attention and makes the reader want to proceed into the content. Think carefully about your message's topic and produce concise subject lines that will amuse, intrigue or otherwise attract the interest of the recipient.
- Make your call to action obvious: Your call to action exists to prompt the reader to take the next step in the buying process, such as contacting you for more information. Include calls to action that are easy to see and use and that convey their instruction message clearly.
- Make the message easy to navigate: Recognize that customers will be reading your email message on a relatively small screen and plan the layout accordingly. Minimize the need for readers to increase or decrease type size. Make active buttons or links easy to see and big enough to be clicked easily.
- Test and retest: Test the functionality of your email, including the ease of clicking links, the layout of important features such as the unsubscribe button, and the effectiveness of the content and subject lines.
Contact Colosi Marketing today for more information on mobile-friendly email marketing and for expert solutions to your email marketing and promotion concerns.
Image via Shutterstock.com