10 Benefits of Blogging for Professional Services Marketing
Are you contemplating a blog for your professional services firm? According to a 2012 State of Inbound Marketing Report by HubSpot, in a survey of 972 marketing professionals, 81% of businesses reported that their company blog is helpful to critical for their business.
A blog is critical to inbound marketing practices. An optimized blog is an ever-changing marketing asset that promotes relevant, rich content and is essential for attracting desired audiences and nurturing leads. Blog frequency is also vital to attracting audiences and ensuring the blog's success.
The following 10 benefits of blogging offer some food for thought:
- A Blog Helps Nurture Relationships: Regular blog posts that deliver excellent content help nurture long-term relationships with prospective and existing clients. Blog posts that provide content audiences value will earn a prospective client’s trust and inevitably promote business growth.
- A Blog Post Can Provide Solutions to Client Challenges with Case Studies: Take the time to identify your client’s challenges in each market segment. A blog post that provides solutions to these challenges and relevant case studies will demonstrate your firm’s problem-solving ability.
- A Blog Post Can Build Thought Leadership: A blog post is a powerful way to demonstrate expertise. A position that shares the knowledge of the firm’s professional staff will distinguish your firm's brand and differentiate the firm's abilities from the competition.
- A Blog Helps to Get a Leg Up on the Competition: Regular blog posts will help your firm get a leg up on the competition. In today’s extremely competitive business climate, blog posts allow you to inform audiences about your business practices and differentiate your service offerings from others.
- A Blog is a Way to Stay Engaged with Existing Clients: Consistent blog posts keep you actively engaged with existing clientele. Relevant and fresh content, regularly delivered to your client subscriber list, keeps your firm fresh in their minds. If a client is regularly informed about the services you provide and the expertise of your firm’s professionals, they will reach out when they have a relevant opportunity.
- Blog Posts Increase Website Traffic: Blogging is a method for adding fresh content to your website regularly. Search engines look for websites that offer audiences regularly updated content. Consistent content attracts search engines to your site. If you apply keyword strategies to your blog posts, blogging will dramatically increase website traffic.
- A Blog Offers a Low Cost Solution to Marketing Professional Services: A regularly updated blog offers a low-cost marketing solution. Using blog software, you can periodically post without worrying about technical issues. A call to action can be placed in the post to continue the conversation. The call to action will lead the visitor to a landing page that will convert the visitor into a lead. Landing pages will help you pump up the sales volume.
- Blog Posts Enable Mobile Marketing: Blog posts provide relevant Internet-based content that business development or sales professionals can use in their exchange with prospective clients. Links to blog posts strategically placed in an email exchange with a prospective client will add value and demonstrate a firm’s qualifications and expertise. Costly brochures and qualifications statements can easily replaced with relevant Internet-based content that can be used while on the go.
- Blog Posts Provide Content for Social Media Marketing: Social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Linkedin, are communication channels for delivering blog posts to various audiences. If your blog post is popular and shared with new audiences, new website visitors will surge.
- A Blog Increases Visibility: Most people research on the Internet. If your firm is interested in building a business with prospective clients outside the firm’s existing network, regular blog posts will significantly increase visibility. Regular posts on services, solutions, and expertise will increase visibility and traffic and build a following.